Tuesday, January 22, 2008

No Snow Delay


The roads were awful this morning! I slid past most of my stops - maybe only by inches but I could tell there was ice under the wheels. There was a couple of inches of snow over most of my driveway and I couldn't get the bus back up the hill this morning. The good news is that it's half way up the hill at least so I could get out and leave it. It's snowing heavily again right now so the 25 minutes of shoveling I did this morning before I left is going to essentially be for nothing - except it is good exercise. We also had one bus get side-swiped - no damage to the bus from what the driver said and no injuries to students.

I came closer this morning to hitting a deer than I ever had - I saw 5 and had 3 cross the road right in front of the bus. If I had been going any faster than I was I would have hit at least one of them.

Both boys went to school this morning...Stretch had stayed home yesterday as he wasn't feeling well. Last night he appeared to be running low-grade fever but was better this morning and felt like he could make it through the day. Squirrel also went today though he is planning on coming home before TaeKwonDo - he took a header out of B's loft last evening and was pretty shook up. Thankfully he landed on some junk piled underneath it so didn't hit the concrete floor. I suspect he bruised his tail bone and heel but otherwise is o.k. I told him he could stop scaring me with his escapades any day - he's been the one who takes the "major" tumbles and needs stitches more throughout his life!

Time to head out to shovel and salt before doing my shuttle - I'll write about the chicken coop building later.

2 comments:

Gina said...

I've commented you once before and yet you still don't even say anything about me. Once again...does B know what's going on? I would like for him to know. That's important to me that he does, he is YOUR BOYFRIEND/FUTURE HUSBAND no joke I'm not laughing I have a straight face on this whole time i'm typing this ask lindsey. sometimes I feel you act like you care but you really don't. if you cared as much as you say you do(not saying you don't) then you would say something about me. I have to go, am going to watch a movie. PUT SOMETHING!!! COMMENT ME BACK!!!! GOOD BYE

Mish said...

Thanks for your comment and prayers. It is good to be back. We stayed with a family last week, the mom drives bus and I thought of you. We are now back in our new and improved home. It was remodeled while I was in the hospital. Paid for by friends, family. Praise God!
Mish