Friday, August 28, 2009

Diagnosis...sulfa drug allergy. Treatment...injection of Decadron and Kenalog (?) followed by course of oral steroids. Symptoms...headache, itchy rash and fever. Who....Stretch. He went to school today...ran a mile for cross country this afternoon - Coach looked at him and apparently wanted to send him right home. He had his worst race since freshman year of high school yesterday...getting better should make running easier and life generally more enjoyable for him.

Result...one terrified 13 yr old. Cause...rottweiller breaking out a picture window as said child was walking past the house on his way home from the bus. Who...Squirrel. After cross country practice each afternoon Squirrel rides the shuttle bus from the middle school to town and walks from the stop to my friend's house where he waits for me to finish up my bus route. Yesterday afternoon I could tell he was upset/mad/something when he walked to the car to put stuff away. He came inside and sat down at the table and filled us in..."I had a big dog break a window as I walked past". I was shocked...Becky and I walked down to check it out immediately...she'd called the cops on that dog before - on it getting out. This time it didn't come out and it didn't charge us...just stood in the open, glass-less window looking at us. We couldn't tell if it was hurt or not...but it had clearly taken all the glass out of the window leaving just shards. Owner who seemed very nice and was very apologetic said he'd recently had to move to town...lost the acreage he used to have where dog could run.

Add to the above...having two elementary students get into it on my bus...I was told one was beating the other one up. Unfortunately I don't think the video tape picked up enough of the events for there to be any action taken other than verbal warnings given. I've contacted parents and handled the paperwork.

No comments: