Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Is this Grand Central?

Two days until school starts. My phone has been ringing off the hook today it seems like - I feel a bit like answering "Grand Central. How may I help you?" Mainly it's people calling me to see what time I will be picking their child up for school on Thursday morning. That's generally a very difficult question to answer because the route is completely new to me and I'm not sure yet exactly how I will run it. There are some areas that I have some leeway in which direction I come from with the students and I haven't decided which will be safest and quickest. I usually like to run it in my car before hand to make sure I can find the stops and then run it in the bus the day before school starts to get an idea of my times. However I have company coming in this evening just for overnight and Son2 is sick. So...I'm really torn as to what's best to do right now - one of those times that it's really difficult to balance being a mother and work. Son1 is at freshman orientation tonight - I had planned on going with him. However due to Son2 being sick I stayed home.

Thankfully today the weather was cooler than it's been. It was a very cloudy morning but the sun came out this afternoon.

2 comments:

Gina said...

Mom, I wish I could help with everything....but 1-I don't live with you. 2-as for the bus..well I can't really drive yet..lol!!! I really hope things get better for you soon...and I really really hope that he gets better...I hate knowing that he's sick...It makes me sad. Even though I may not show it...I care for him a lot. Y'all mean so much to me. :) Holla back!

Gina said...

oh by the way.....you think of the craziest things...but they are so funny!! Grand Central! I laughed my butt off!! God I love you!!!