Sunday, December 02, 2007

Talk about majorly mixed emotions at the moment. Last night a member of our church was killed in a roll-over accident coming back from Michigan. His name is Mike. There were others in the vehicle and apparently everyone was ejected - not sure on the conditions of the others involved. Roads were very bad due to a mix of wintery weather - ice and snow. Anyway...when I heard the news I thought it was his son, Matt who's currently serving in the military - he just finished basic training a few weeks ago. I was in shock - worried about my boys who had just talked to Matt on the phone last night - their reactions to the news, etc. Now that I know it was his dad there is still grief - for Matt and his mom and the loss they are dealing with. However there is also relief of a sort that my boys have not lost a close friend. Son1 got very very quiet when I told him but he's willing and able to talk. Son2 is, on the surface fine - he tends to stuff emotions in. I can only imagine how much worse the pain is when it's also mixed with shock. The thing to be thankful for is that the family all knows the Lord.

No comments: