Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Spring is Coming


This morning on bus route we saw 5 blue herons - all in a group. To me it was amazing! I've never seen more than one at a time so this was an unusual treat. We also saw 4 deer and numerous geese. There are red-winged blackbirds around - spring is coming! The buds on trees are getting just slightly bigger daily.

The weekend turned out pretty good. My finger is not broken as best as I can tell - it is severely bruised and still sore especially if I use it too much - without the splint. I was absolutely amazed how much better it felt once I put an over the counter splint on it! The oven still works just fine - Stretch made a batch of cookies in it later on Saturday.

Saturday evening B and I had a date - he had called several of my friends as well as his parents, Jay and a couple of other people to meet us for supper at a newly remodeled cafe in town. He managed all of this without me knowing anything about it - I was much impressed. The food was delicious and I know I ate far too much! My closest friends and B and I closed the place down - we just sat and chatted after everyone else left.

Sunday after church we were invited to B's family Easter meal. Stretch and Squirrel were excited - they really really enjoy these get-togethers. Mostly the teens and kids played downstairs while the adults visited or fell asleep in front of the tv upstairs. Not everyone was able to make it but I at least had a lot of fun.

O.k....I gave myself 30 minutes this morning before I had to get moving and doing stuff around the house - it's rather a mess. My 30 minutes were up 5 minutes ago so it's time to get moving.

1 comment:

Mish said...

Thanks for the birthday wish. I'm so anxious for spring. It snowed yesterday, which it has done on many of my birthday's I'm sure, but it has been such a long winter.
Mish