Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Ponderings

This morning I was thinking - actually I was feeling kind of down about being a single parent and wondering how I could ever demonstrate to my boys how a real man cherishes the woman he loves. Then my thoughs wandered to a friend of mine who is going through a divorce - and is starting over with her life. She recently lost some hours at a job and therefore lost income and she was/is concerned about how she is going to make ends meet. The Scripture from Phil. 4:19 "And my God shall supply ALL your needs according to His riches in Christ Jesus." came to mind. I was actually thinking of it in relation to her needs for income. Then I realized that that includes my need for a way for my boys to see how a man truly cherishes the woman he loves - it gave me a sense of peace. God knows this need - I just have to trust Him to supply it. I'm not saying I won't ever worry about it again - that's an on-going thing - but I just need to trust Him.

On a different note - I saw 18 deer this morning during the bus route. 16 of those were while I had students on the bus - including one group of 7. It's so much fun (at least for me) to keep my eyes open to catch glimpses of them - and then to keep track of how many we see. I know that there are likely way more that we don't see because I have to keep my eyes on the road. Yesterday we saw 3 in the road - not sure which way to go - and even when they did cross they ran alongside for abit looking for a break in the fence. And again this morning the light was just glorious - beautiful pink sunrise - then the golden glow of the sun slanting across the ripening fields and the dark storm clouds in the west. The sun is now hidden behind those same storm clouds and we are having more rain and thunderstorms.

Guess I'd better scoot - got to run to the store this morning - have a big field trip tomorrow.

3 comments:

Lisa said...

You sound much better today...

I agree...what you need will be provided.

I have the hardest time getting my heart and mind to accept the fact that worrying about things doesn't change them. I know it's true, but somehow I fret anyway....

I hope you will be able to do what I am not.... Let go and let God.

Rebeca said...

It sounds like a beautiful morning! Deer are lovely to watch.
Your faith is lovely also. Life is hard. God is good. Somehow being able to believe that makes it bearable. May He give you His peace and strength each moment.

Meliss said...

Thanks for sharing about how the Holy Spirit brought scripture to your mind to remind you to trust in the Lord who is always faithful. It is also a helpful reminder to me.

Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment!