Monday, December 04, 2006

Monday

Ok....I only have a few minutes to type this. I spent most of the morning mixing up cookies and actually baking most of one batch. I got one load of laundry washed and into the dryer, the other one is still in the washer. Dinner is in the crock pot - I'm trying a new recipe that is supposed to be oven baked. However I've read/heard somewhere that most things that need baking can also be done in the crockpot so we will see how it turns out. I did remember to decrease the water the recipe called for - and left out the veggies. I will serve those on the side. I've also folded laundry, made a dentist appointment - to get my broken, very dead tooth looked at, and chatted on the phone. So...it's been a pretty productive morning. I needed to take time to work on the Bible study I've started - guess I will take that with me tonight when I go to watch a friends' little ones. My boys will stay home - hopefully reading in bed by the time I leave and I shouldn't be out really late.
In the meantime snow is coming down again - jsut flurries but it's extremely cold. Son1 wants enough snow to sled down our hill. Son2 would enjoy sledding but says he doesn't want the snow. That makes me laugh as one can't have one without the other. Friends in OK are out of school for the 3 day simply because the roads are still too icy and unsafe. On the one hand, it would have been nice to have a snow day this week (or last) ....on the other hand, I'd be going absolutely stir crazy if we were all home due to snow.
Better go - got to leave soon for bus driving this afternoon. AT the moment I'm not really looking forward to it but at least it's not pouring rain.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We've gotten dumped on--and the kids didn't have a snow day today. I saw buses running this morning--albeit late.

I just got back from a walk in the snow. It is still snowing hard, and I looked like the abominable snowman when I got in, but it sure beats rain.

Love,
me

~B. said...

good luck on your tooth!! you'll be okay. ;)