Thursday, July 26, 2007

Car, Poison Ivy & other stuff

I typed out a longish post earlier but don't think i'm going to post it all. I'm not quite as discouraged as I was when I typed it out. I ended up going in to see the doctor this evening - since the prednisone wasn't appearing to work on the poison ivy. He did confirm that my "self-diagnosis" was correct. What we've done is upped the dosage of prednisone and increased the tapering period. Hopefully that will clear up my case. If it doesn't or if I break out again I'm really not sure what my options are.

The car is still an issue...I had it into the shop this morning - spent 2 hours sitting there. The tech ended up calling a tech line to get more info as he couldn't get it to act up. Eventually the decision was made to cut 3 wires and install separate fuses to each system that was controlled by the one fuse that was blowing. That will hopefully allow the problem system to be isolated and repaired. However over the last 2 weeks I've sunk almost $500.00 into the car so it's rather discouraging to know that I might have to take it back and have more work done on it. Additionally it completely quit on me on the way home - the tech and another guy actually had to drive out and get it running again. Apparently there was a loose connection that caused everything to quit.

Son1 is being challenging at the moment. His school counsellor who invested alot of time and energy into getting him to space camp is trying to get in touch with him to find out how it went. However some of the times she's called I've not been home and he won't pick up the phone. At least one other time he was too exhausted and emotional to talk. Right now he's refusing to call her back because he "doesn't like talking on the phone". I don't care much for it either (talking on the phone) but sometimes it has to be done. However when I suggest it he just gets upset and emotional. I'm at a loss.

If I don't watch it this post will be at least as long as the one I'd typed out earlier. I am feeling abit better though there's still other issues causing stress. I need to get off the computer, go have some quiet time and get some sleep. A large part of my frustration is that I haven't been having regular quiet times...I know that affects things as does lack of sleep and being too busy.

Things to be thankful for: the rain we've had this week - it's muchly needed.
: the fact that a meeting I was very nervous about yesterday went fantastic - the other person involved and I were able to talk things out - she's feeling alot better about my friendship with her daughter.

No comments: