Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Pete

My friend Pete (her nickname) passed away this afternoon leaving behind a young son - a year younger than my Son2, 2 grown children, some grandchildren and her husband in addition to numerous other family members. I was at her home for a brief time just before she died. She had been fighting cancer since just before I got to know her and had just recently gone on hospice care. I'm grieving. She left a husband who loved her deeply and a young son. She fought so hard - it seemed like she was doing better 6 weeks ago. I know that she is in heaven - healed perfectly - free from pain and that we will see her again. The hurt is still there - for myself and more importantly for her family.

4 comments:

d. miller said...

Praying for you.

~B. said...

oh, i'm so sorry, edith. my heart aches for you, Pete's husband, and her sweet son. you are right in knowing that she is free and at peace now, and hopefully that helps with the sadness some... i wish i could be there to hug you!! let me know if you want a phone call, k?

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about lossing Pete, I know she was a fighter. But we know she is truly free now!
Love ya,
Brenda

Mish said...

I'm sorry. Praying for you and Pete's family, during this difficult time.
Mish