Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Random Notes

Ok...it's late again tonight...boys are not in bed yet but will be soon. I'm exhausted - my phone started ringing about 7:00 am this morning with calls to go pick up the father of the Amish baby I took to the hospital yesterday. Baby's bilurbin #'s had dropped some this morning but they are still too high for him to go home. Please pray that the #'s go down and stay down - also for the parents as this is very stressful for them. They have 4 other little ones at home.

Saturday was Pete's funeral - it was beautiful and very "large" for lack of a better term. The funeral home was packed - they had to keep bringing in chairs. I went by myself - Son2 is not at the age where he can handle a funeral yet. Son1 probably could have handled it but I left him home with L and family. The sheer volume of those who came was rather overwhelming especially since I was alone. However I'm really glad I went - and I'm equally glad I went to the graveside service. The procession for that had to be at least a mile long if not longer - I very much doubt I'd personally seen one that long before. (I don't share that to be irreverent - it's just something that stood out to me) Pete was well loved and respected. Through her life I'm motivated to work on some areas in my life that need it.

Time to head to bed. More another time. Oh yes...I did call the doctor today - talked to one of his nurses that knows me and was able to get something for the poison ivy prescribed without having to go in. That's a huge praise - I didn't have time today nor energy.

1 comment:

~B. said...

e. i'm really glad you went to Pete's funeral and that it was so full of love and respect for her! how honoring for her and her family! glad you got a script for the poison ivy, you seem to be having very back luck with that this summer!! let us all know how things go with the amish family's baby, poor thing! i'm sure it will all be fine, and the baby will come home happy and healthy!! love you and miss you!!