Friday, May 18, 2007

Progress

Well....I feel like I'm slowly beginning to make progress around here. Tonight I put the first pictures - one in each - in the boys' albums about their dad. And I sat them down with the pictures I'd sorted out to have them chose ones to include. So my huge stack of pictures is whittled down by more than 50%. I do still have to get copies made of the portraits I have - that's a matter of going in and getting them printed. They are all scanned onto CD's so the hardest part is done. The other thing I still need is stories so that eventually the boys will have some idea of who their dad was.

I now have lettuce and tomatoes in my garden - hopefully it's not too late for the lettuce. Tomatoes had to be covered last night but seemed to have done well. I also planted dahlias this afternoon - have several more to put in. I have no idea if they are full sun or part shade plants - they were given to me by another bus driver. So we will see how they do - if they grow. I hope they do as I'm big into flowers. The other thing I started doing was pulling weeds/grass/lilac starts out of the beds right by the house - they have a layer of stone down but it seems to be a very thin layer. So all kinds of stuff is growing up through the stone and landscape fabric under it. Tomorrow I hope to get more stuff pulled out and get another forsythia planted.

Son1 went back to school today - he's been out for 2 days. He's still coughing and sneezing but seems to be feeling better. Son2 put himself to bed tonight - he must really have been tired as he didn't have any cuddle time or anything. They are both growing up so incredibly fast.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Sounds like you were busy. That is the kind of stuff I would like to get done today.
Love,
Karen

~B. said...

it's so sweet that you're making them an album each!! is there anyone whose brains you can pick for good stories? :)