Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Torn

Ok....so now I'm really torn. Son1 came to the bus this afternoon and said "go ahead and come to the meet" - after earlier saying he really didn't care if we came or not. I would have loved to drop everything and go - or at least be able to go immediately after my bus route. However Son2 - who had issues with overheating yesterday - and who does not cope well with sudden changes in plans - insisted it's too hot to go. So thankfully I was able to get a message to Son1 that we would not be there so at least we weren't "no-shows" without any message. However I'm torn - I really enjoy going to track meets and getting to cheer the team - and my son on. However this one was an hour drive away so we would have missed part of the meet at least - as I wasn't even able to leave to go until 4:30. And with my fatigue already from yesterday, gas prices being as high as they are and end of school year expenses...part of me says it's better to stay home. Plus that means - that in spite of it being hot - I can cook a meal rather than us having to eat out. But it breaks my heart to not be able to go see him run.

No comments: