Saturday, July 22, 2006

Everyday Stuff

ARGH - I did have thoughts in mind as to what to write about. Then I went to check on the kids - they are both ensconsed on the couch comfortably watching TV! So I'm going ot have to get after them to get Saturday chores done. With all the company we've had over the last month those have been neglected dreadfully as has our routine. However I completely enjoyed the company - it was so good to have it.

I've been outside already this morning - for an hour or so pulling weeds. I did most of the garden (such as it is) and one of my main flowerbeds. AS the grass was still wet and the soil was fairly damp as well I got quite muddy. However it's not too hot yet today so it was nice to be out. I've got my Saturday chores to do as well - laundry primarily. I want to get things picked up and cleaned thoroughly enough that Monday I can finish painting the small bathroom. Son2 has a fair bit of work to do - picking up the books he pulled off his brother's shelves last night. I will have to supervise that I'm sure. I was out doing an Amish run - and was supposed to have another one this evening. However I'm not sure if that will happen or not as the grandmother in that family was not doing well at all. It appeared as though they didn't expect her to live through the night. If I haven't heard anything by 4:00 pm I will check to see what's up - even if that means I have to go by there.

I have definitely realized that I have a much better day if I'm up before the boys - yesterday I slept in past when they got up. It left me headachy and dragging most of the day. Today - tho still very tired due to getting to bed very late last night I really don't have a headache and feel much better.

Better scoot - time to get dishwasher running, laundry going, etc. I would like to go to the fair this week but haven't made any decisions on that.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're busy. Glad you got some outside stuff done.

Have you checked out Flylady yet? I haven't been doing everything she suggests, by any means, but it is helping me to keep the sink and bathroom clean. I like her control journal idea as well, but haven't "done it NOW" as she suggests.

It is interesting how like the CHCHC it is, but without the Christian emphasis. I take the "loving yourself" idea with some moderation. She has a point, but I think it can go to extremes.

C's toe is looking bad again. I hope it doesn't get infected again. One drug reaction is bad enough. I don't want to risk another one.

I should have emailed you. This is getting long. Have you met any other Bloggers yet?

Love,
Me

Edith said...

Thanks for your note....I haven't checked out Flylady as I've been unable to get it to come up.

What's causing the problems with C's toe - any ideas? And I didn't realize she had a drug reaction - did you post about it?

No I haven't met any other Bloggers yet? I'm still reading off of several of your friends.

I have a late run tonight - good in some ways but it will make getting up in the am challenging.

Love you,
me

Anonymous said...

C's toe problem is apparently caused by a fungus (we thought that in the beginning). I didn't blog about her reaction. She developed hives all over after finishing the keflex. I took her in and Dr. told us it was an allergic rxn, and to make sure she didn't take any more cephalosporins. (I am allergic to them too, interestingly enough.)

Gotta run and get breakfast.
love,
me