Friday, July 28, 2006

Drop Back 10

Drop back 10 & punt.....I had intended to can my beets this morning - it should have been done much earlier in the week. I had the stove cleaned off, 2 counters cleaned, sink cleaned....only to realize that I was out of pint jars. I had called home the other day and asked Son1 if I had any - he said yes. However they turned out to be filled already - with peaches and strawberries. So now I have to drop back and rethink my day. I could run to the store and get more jars. However to do so simply for that is a waste of gas. So....do I do that anyway- with gas at over $3.00/gal or do I stay home during the day - knowing that I'm going out tonight and try to get other stuff done at home? If so....what's the most efficient use of my time?

It's going to be another hot muggy day - actually worse than yesterday as the temps are supposed to get into the 90's. I'm already wanting the air conditioners running and am resisting that urge. We've had thunderstorms the past 2 nights and more are predicted for tonight. Tonight is Singles Night - and I'm planning on attending. It should be a really fun one again - I hope.

I guess I can clean and do laundry today. Am praying that I do actually have an Amish run tonight - taking one girl out to her boyfriend's. That will provide some gas for the car and really work well with my current schedule. I have another run tomorrow afternoon - unfortunately at this point it's only 1 person going out. I'm hoping that there will be more - I'm going ot have to raise my prices as it is.

Ok....I'll go finish the kitchen and work on getting Son2's carpet under his bookshelp out I guess. I may have to get more beets though before I can can them.

No comments: