Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Everyday stuff

Boy again I had vague ideas of what to write about - and they are gone. I'm going to be taking the kids and we are heading out to Warsaw shortly - Son1 isn't enthused but that's life. We need to go to the "cereal" store and I need to return a pair of pants to Kohl's. I can wear petites in capris but not in jeans - unfortunately. Today is going to be - hopefully - another relatively quiet day spent catching up on stuff. I want to finish pulling the carpet in Son2's room - at least mostly. His dresser has been pulled out from the wall for a couple of days now and I won't put it back until I get the carpet out from there. Then there is his bookshelf to unload and move to get the carpet under that. After that all that is left is his desk and his closet. I'll be glad to get it all out. I would really like to have Son1's room done before school starts but I'm not sure if that will happen or not. We did end up adding another shelf to his bookshelf in his room - now he's actually got some room there. Anyway if we end up getting the carpet out of both boys' rooms before school starts that will only leave mine to be done before I have to think about actually refinishing the floors. And I will feel like I actually accomplished something this summer. In the meantime I fight the on-going war with paper that comes into the house. I really want to burn our burn pile tonight - if it's not too terribly hot and if it doesn't rain.

The other issue I'm dealing with right now - relatively minor one that is - is protecting my birdfeeders from the raccoons. This year they are a major nuisance. They have destroyed two of my feeders completely and carried another one off somewhere - I haven't been able to find it. That one was new too and I really liked it. (insert sad smiley here). AT least I'm not the only one who considers them a major nuisance - the Amish have commented on how bad they are as well - and how big they are.

Well enough rambling for now - need to go get the boys moving so we can get our errands done before Son1 has running.

2 comments:

~B. said...

yeah, poor birds!! you should set traps for the racoons! thanks for being a friend, have a wonderful day!!

Anonymous said...

Birdfeeders and racoons--the only thing that worked for us was bringing the feeders in at night. Then eventually, I left it out again, and the racoons haven't bothered it lately.

What we are dealing with up here is bears. There have been several sightings in and around our town.

I haven't done anything but computer, besides swimming today, and soon I am going out for tea.

love,
Me