Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Different Day

Wow....what a morning. I feel discombobulated again.....we had a 2 1/2 hr delay this morning due to teacher inservice - the only thing extra that got accomplished was a little extra sleep and 3 of the 4 boxes of Christmas "stuff" got back out to the shed. And to top it off - as I'm coming home I see 6 students that apparently all missed their bus so I picked them up and drove them all the way back to school. They were all daycare kids - and apparently their daycare person had a dentist's appointment so she left. There was apparently someone else supposed to be in charge but I'm guessing that person didn't know what time the bus was supposed to come. Anyway it meant that instead of 3 hours or so at home I've only got 2 1/2 or less.

However the Christmas tree is up and decorated! Yeah! This year we are using a 4 ft tree instead of a 6ft or taller one. It made it much easier to decorate - I had the kids choose 10 ornaments each to put on it - and then I chose a few from my collection. Unfortunately I wasn't able to put any of the heavier porcelain ones on it - that's disappointing because a few of those are ones that about the meaning of Christmas - One shows baby Jesus in a crown and another shows Him in a half globe. I forget the titles though. Anyway it sure was nice to be able to put the lights on by myself and then have the kids do "their" part in 30 minutes or so. And I think taking it down will be much easier also which will be nice. The ornaments I did put on the tree are mostly ones that were handmade and/or gifted to me by kids off my buses or friends.

Today thankfully is nice and sunny and unseasonably warm......it's supposed to cool off but I think tonight I'm going to try to have the kids help me get some branches gathered up so we can use them for firewood. In the meantime I guess I'd better go write a couple of emails and then get the kitchen cleaned and the pantry picked up. I would like to finish the little bit of Christmas shopping I have left to do this week also.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice post, and I can see all the positives in it--picking up the kids (what would have happened if you hadn't), a smaller tree (less to do).

Hope your afternoon is just as nice.

I am in need of a nap. Don't know if I'll get one though.

me

~B. said...

yay, about your treee!! :) we haven't done ours yet - maybe this coming weekend, if ryan gets it together - knowing him we'll wait till christmas eve or something.. anyway, sounds like you are happier, and that is good!!

Edith said...

Yay - two comments! I love comments. IT's been tradition in our family to do the tree Thanksgiving weekend.