Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Train Up a Child

Train up a child in what is right and when he is old, he will not depart from it. Prov. 22:6

This Scripture has been running through my mind lately. And I struggle with the question - How do I train my child? I have two hot-tempered sons, one of whom is also exceedingly stubborn and a perfectionist. So far I've found very little that works with him as far as discipline goes. One minute he can be the sweetest little (growing up too fast) boy who snuggles and cuddles and wants to be helpful and obedient. The next he's a complete terror - rebellious, doing his own thing, kicking, hitting, yelling, refusing to co-operate, refusing to do his chores.....Hopefully you get the picture. Taking things away doesn't seem to help - nor does restricting him to his room.....It's very frustrating and I feel at my wit's end at times (sometimes more than others.)

No comments: