Thursday, January 04, 2007

Computer Frustration - Dell

Today so far feels like one of the most unproductive days I've had. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with Dell (again!!!!) and hope that I finally have things resolved. Last time I called them and actually talked to them (I hung up one time) I was on the phone 1 hour and 40 minutes!!! And they still sent me the 2nd wrong battery for my laptop - at least it does not match what is currently in there. So I'm giving up - I don't want any more batteries from them. I will either live with it as is or upgrade/replace parts elsewhere. At least whil,e I was on the phone I set up my filing system for this year - for bills and receipts, etc. Now I just have to keep up with it. I also took a nap this morning - had a tough time driving my bus route so figured I'd better sleep so I could handle this afternoon. I do feel better now - will leave in a few minutes for my afternoon route so that I can hopefully get a walk in before I load.

Yesterday was an absolutely beautiful day - sunny and not too cold (except in the morning). There was a heavy frost on the bus and black ice on the ground in spots but the moon was out making it very light out. It was so cool. To top it off we saw 30 deer on the morning route and 4 on the afternoon route - right at the very end. And I saw 3 in the morning before I actually had any students on the bus. Yesterday I got my work-table cleared off as well as some generalized cleaning elsewhere int he house.

Better go for now - not ready to leave yet and it's already started sprinkling. I may not get my walk.

3 comments:

Karen said...

Doesn't sound unproductive--if you got your filing system set up. That is more than I accomplished. In fact, I don't think I accomplished anything today except getting meals on the table, getting C's glasses fixed and a bit of shopping. The day just went!

Love,
Me

Edith said...

Well....my filing system is very simple (I hope) - involves filing the bills, etc in my plastic folder the day I receive them - after I note the info in my "Bill Notebook". Then at the end of the year (hopefully after I've kept current all year) I will simply label that plastic folder and file it. In the meantime folder and Bill Notebook will be stored together near my recliner.

Karen said...

Yep, except I didn't clean around the edges with a sharp object yet. Easy to print instructions--just go to flylady index, find info, click on File, and print. I didn't bother--just went mostly by memory.

Now if I can just keep it clean....
Me