Monday, January 22, 2007

Finally Snow & Stuff

We finally had snow over the weekend - it was wonderful. Unfortunately alot of it seems to be melting off already tho it's only 28' out. Probably much of that is because the roads are getting cleared off. I was surprised that we did not have a 2 hour delay this morning - the roads were kind of rough for my bus route. While it wasn't slick all over, the areas that were slick were quite bad....to the point that even though I started stopping early I still slid past my students. Our "pond" that crosses the road was not thoroughly frozen over - still had water to drive through though the area of water was considerably smaller than it's been. I know ice expands so it will be interesting to continue to follow that to see if it completely freezes over.

On another note....I feel like I actually accomplished some stuff this morning. I had my chiropractic appointment after my bus route, then to the bank to take care of business there - that got more complicated than expected. From there it was to the electric company to pay part of that bill then home to shovel some more. (The boys and I had spent close to 30 minutes this morning before we left the house shovelling the driveway). I didn't do much shovelling this time though - put some de-icer over parts that we had already shovelled and then did the sidewalk. I've also started a load of laundry, got meat out for dinner and committed to being a financial accountability partner with a very close family member.

Now if only I could get the "burnt" smell out of the microwave! I watched a friend's boys this weekend - we were having Sunday lunch - leftovers. He wanted his pizza warmed so I told him to put it in the microwave for 30 sec. then went to continue taking care of what I was doing. What I neglected to do was to make sure he understood how to use the microwave - something both my boys know how to do quite well. Long story short - we ended up with a fire in the microwave and LOTS of black smoke throughout the house. While the microwave still works adequately it seems that whatever we put in it accquires a "burnt" smell and taste. Yikes!

1 comment:

Rebeca said...

Snow- we got a few inches last week- a big deal for us! But your post takes me back to snowy winters as a girl in Alberta.
My son microwaved some play food a while back- he said he pressed 9-1-1, so it may have actually cooked for nine minutes. Always an adventure, eh?
Thanks so much for your prayers for me. I appreciate it. Bless you,
Rebeca