Thursday, January 11, 2007

Slides & Colds

Just got up not long ago from another nap - have taken one nearly every day this week. Today's thankfully was shorter - maybe I'm finally catching up. But now I'm beginning to feel like I'm catching a cold - Yuck. Oh well....lots of fluids and hopefully homemade chicken soup.

I finally figured something out that I didn't know before - a slide is a positive image rather than a negative. That explains why I was having trouble scanning slides that looked perfect - I had the scanner set wrong. So now I expect to be able to make progress on getting Mom and Dad's slides scanned and onto disk. I will work on that some today - as well as trying to pick up the house a bit. Tonight we have grief group - I'm looking forward to that.

Loneliness and depression have been struggles lately - not sure why - having very odd dreams. The other day when I was feeling the worst remembering that God has a plan for my life
(Jer. 29:11) did help. I just wish that I could get a glimpse of what He has planned - right now I feel more like I'm just plugging along with no goals. It doesn't help that I often don't feel worthy of being loved again (by a man) yet the longing is there to not be physically alone. (I don't know how to phrase what I'm trying to say).

1 comment:

~B. said...

*hug* i know what you mean. i think your dreams are not so odd at all.. you just need to figure out what your subconcious is trying to tell you! :)