Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Detours

Well....my bus route now has a detour - makes life interesting. My "pond" across the road that I wrote about a day or two ago is now in the process of being repaired I guess - or rather the cause of the pond is being repaired. In the meantime that section of the road is closed - it sort of messes up my entire route - I was running almost 15 minutes late this morning. And who-ever put up the "road closed" barricades absolutely did not take into account the fact that there are school buses that HAVE to get through there 4x daily - they did not even leave the length of a bus between the barricades. Oh well....we will survive - there are benefits to it.

Neat thing this morning is that the sun rose a very red color....everytime I see a sunrise or sunset I think of that old saying "Red sky at night, sailor's delight; Red sky in the morning, sailors take warning." We are supposed to get flurries today - which we are. I'm waiting to see if we will get more heavier snow. In the meantime the house is very very cold even though I have the heat on.

I chose today to stay home - except for work - and try to get some stuff done around the house. I actually got back to my study on Women in the Bible - working on Sarah right now. The questions start by talking about name meanings.....this will be interesting. Sarah and Sarai both mean "princess" - appropriate for the woman who was to be the mother of nations. So now I'm looking up the meaning of my names...will have to post more on that later. I've also got caught up on folding laundry, shredding, have worked on the kitchen, watered my plants. It's been good - I did turn down one Amish run though I could have used the money. I felt that staying home and working on the house would be better for all of us in the long run - I'd be better able to deal with the boys and much less grumpy. I do have a run lined up for Saturday afternoon - that will be good.

Ok....I've been on the computer long enough - time to get off and go contine working on tidying up.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Good for you for staying home and doing stuff. I did that Friday. Today I want out. It is sunny, and we are supposed to get snowsqualls tonight and tomorrow, so today seems like the day to go.

I am teary today. This has been a week for bad news. It is Mum G's birthday, her first without Dad. So many of my friends are dealing with cancer, it seems unreal, and my prayer list is getting a mile long.

Love,
me