Friday, January 26, 2007

Cool Find

This morning I found something really cool....at least to me. I had stopped in to one of those dollar stores to try to find some little star stickers to use to help keep track of how a couple of my students on my bus are sitting...these boys are so little they can't see over the top of the bus seat if they sit all the way down - but for safety's sake that's required. Anyway...I found the star stickers that I was looking for. And I found a package of small charts with a school bus on top! I'm thrilled because that's so appropriate for my needs - it even has 25 little boxes on each of the 25 charts that will hold those stars! So I will write those students names on top of the chart and add a star for each day they sit well. Then at after every two weeks or so I'll send a note home to parents letting them know how the child is doing - and I'll have small little prizes also. Today I bought a package of rubber gecko's/lizards and a package of holographic pencils. Then I will also use bubble gum or mini candy bars. So I'm excited! (One of these boys is in kindergarden but two days a week he goes all day - those are the days I typically would have trouble with him - then he'd get really upset, start crying and completely refuse to co-operate. The other is in 1st grade and I think has ADHD or something similar. Thankfully he only rides in the am).

And my detour - while the road is not yet open - has been cancelled. My boss told me specifically that I could go through there - the water is less than has been there for weeks.

1 comment:

~B. said...

wow, cool idea with the charts and stickers!!! :) it's working for isaiah by the way, he's doing awesome!!! keep up your great work and i love you!!!