Monday, January 29, 2007

Shovelling and Colds

Ooooh I think I overdid it today!! Winter is finally here for real - it snowed most of the day yesterday and then started up around noon today - big fluffy flakes this afternoon and at least an inch of accumulation on top of what we already had. The boys shovelled this morning before we left for school. Then after I finished my bus route I shovelled enough around the barn to get the car out and limit the amount of ice that caused. Shovelled some more - just a bit - before I went on my bus route this afternoon. Then off to town to do grocery shopping and home to shovel the hill part of the drive again. Son1 and I got it cleared from the top of the slope down to the bottom of the hill. The flat part still needs more work done but that doesn't affect getting up and down. Now.....I'm extremely sore and stiff! and likely there will be more to do tomorrow! But we now almost have enough snow to make good sledding - and there's more forecast I think.

Son2 is down sick - hopefully only with a cold. He was up most of hte night last night - just very restless and complaining of a sore throat. His eyes are sunk in, he's willing to stay on the couch instead of helping shovel.....Last year he didn't miss any school due to illness. I'd really like to see him do that again.

Ok...off to bed after I start the dishwasher, swap laundry into the dryer.....all the mom stuff.

No comments: