Tuesday, August 08, 2006

New Day

Today has been a better day overall though I don't feel like I accomplished much. I did get some mowing done tonight - since I had to start the grill again. (I cooked extra burgers for Son1's friend). I hadn't started any sooner because the mosquitos are so incredibly bad right now and I didn't want to put on bug spray. However going back out to grill meant putting on bug spray so I went ahead and mowed the dog area and started on the front of the house. I really do normally enjoy doing yard work and generally being outside but I HATE mosquitos.

Other than that I haven't done much today - read through my handbook for work and have started scanning the forms in the other book. Tomorrow I go in - either to help with bus inspection or simply to go over these forms. Friday is registration for Son2, Monday I go and drive my route and Monday night is meet the teacher at the school my route goes to. Then Wednesday afternoon is sports physicals & Wednesday night is meet the teacher for Son2. Thursday classes start. Between now and then...I have some stuff I need to return to stores in the city. There's also cleaning I want to get done and canning I need to get done. Also the refinance on the house will close soon (i hope!). So...there's lots on my plate.

Tiger had her second set of babies today - 6 this time. Four are various shades of grey - one of those has some orange & white in it as well; and the other 2 are yellow/orange striped. Tiger almost feels like she's got a couple more yet to deliver but it's hard to say - I'm not a vet. Oddball is getting big - she's due sometime in the next month but I can't say when. Hopefully - though I know it's a fact of life - we won't lose most of them this time. However having said that...I would then need to find homes for them. Yikes.

No comments: