Thursday, September 21, 2006

Today

Ok....I admit it - I'm really frustrated/depressed tonight. I know that I accomplished stuff today but it doesn't feel like it. I got off the bus and right away took a 20 minute walk with Sally (the dog). She sets a pretty decent pace to say the least - it's more like her walking me rather than me walking the dog. Then I came in and started to doing some baking that I wanted to get done. However unfortunately I actually ended up with flames in the bottom of the oven so my baking got put on hold until I was able to get the oven cleaned. I did that this afternoon after my bus route and then did finish up my baking. I have a sack full of paperback books that need to go out - I'm thinking to a nursing home or something similar. I also have two garbage bags full of clothes - one has some that are nearly new in it. I plan to take those to a church in town that I know runs a clothes closet. And I've decided how to sort my cross stitch mags so that I can give away some of them.

I think a huge part of my frustration comes from having a very difficult afternoon bus route today....mainly with my shuttle students. They dawdle out to the bus, they don't want to sit in their seats, they don't want to share seats......the list goes on. I was definitely a screamer today - actually left the school late because kids would not move in to allow another person into their seat. Basically what I think I'm going to have to do is first hand out rule sheets to all the shuttle students so I can figure out who they are. Secondly I'm going to have to come up with a seating chart and I may have to break down and get a camera on board. I really don't want to do that though so will see if a seating chart helps.

On a brighter note.....I did see 17 deer this morning while I was on the bus. 12 of them were while I had students on the bus. The remaining 5 I saw while I was on the way home. It was amazing - one day I will get out early with my camera.

1 comment:

~B. said...

sorry you were having a bad day. :( i hope things are better for you now... love you!!!