Monday, September 25, 2006

Yeah for Fog Delays

It's going to be a different morning today. Son2 is still sleeping. Actually he went back to sleep when he heard we are on a 2 hour fog delay. I didn't get the news until 6:00 am so wasn't able to go back to sleep. I am glad for the delay as I had an Amish run last night that had me home later than I prefer to be. A couple of my riders didn't hear me pull into where I picked them up so we ran late from the start. Then at one point we came on a train just stopped on a RR track - blocking the road. That meant a turn-around and a detour. We waited abit then decided to go around as we couldn't hear any engine sounds. So anyway....we got home late. It was already fairly foggy in spots.

This weekend was another busy one - Son 1's third and final weekend cross country meet. It was another very big one - south of here in a park. There were 8 races again though we only had runners in 4 of them. Son1 ran the course in 14:50 - a good time especially considering it was a hilly course with the start being an uphill. (he says it was supposed to be an easy course but no one really did outstanding - on our teams). He's got two more meets this week - Tues & Thurs. I will get to see the Tues. meet but not the Thursday meet as that's away and Son2 & I have a commitment elsewhere.

Nothing much else going on....got to get stuff done before having to get out on the bus.

1 comment:

~B. said...

fog, huh? we've been having alot of it here too.. isaiah says "it's froggy out!" heehee.. he's so cute.