Friday, April 20, 2007

Friday Again

This week seems to have gone by fast - yet slow. I sure didn't accomplish all I would have liked to but I'm really glad it's Friday again - and hopefully this time we will actually have a nice weekend. I've got alot of work that needs done outside and it's been too cold. The plan tentatively for the weekend is to do the running that needs done this afternoon - then we'll be able to stay home tomorrow and I might get the house clean and stuff planted. I also need to get the lawn mowed - and finish the book work on my next set of lessons so I can do the assignments.

The track meet last night went well overall I think. Son2 spent most of the time helping in the concession stand - he did very well. Making change in his head with people waiting seemed to be a bit stressful for him but he was accurate with it - and cheerful about it. I was so pleased with him for being so helpful. Son1 did very well in the meet - he participated in 4 events - 1600 meter, 800 meter, 1600 meter relay and either discus or shotput (I forget). In all 3 of the races he improved his personal times - met or beat his personal goal that he'd set for himself. I didn't get to see him run any of the entire races but I was able to get out of the "concession cave" to cheer him on abit. (I have developed a big mouth when it comes to cheering my boys on at events!) Anyway I was very proud of him - he did well. He was abit disappointed that he didn't beat more runners - I reminded him that the important thing is that he beats his own times - anything else is icing on the cake.

No comments: