Friday, April 06, 2007

Projects & Pictures

Everyone has gone to bed - it's just past 10:00pm. So far it's been way too cold to do much outside. I'm going to end up pulling out my winter clothes again - I'd put most away as it was warming up so nicely. Son1 appears to have completely lost his winter coat - and he's now grown up enough to say he no longer wants to wear a heavy winter "parka" because they are too bulky and thick.

So far I've done 3 CD's of Mom and Dad's slides - I wish I could get them to go into a slide show. However so far I've not been able to figure that out. But it's been fun to sit down at night and go through the ones I've managed to get done. I take notes so that I can edit the titles/info on the slides as needed. It's really fun to listen to Mom and Dad reminisce - they will look at a slide and be able almost instantly to come up with info that I don't have for it. They've talked about my brother N's SS/kid's club that he led at Kijabe school - I had no idea that had gone on. We identified a couple of my sister K's friends from school - kids that I knew and were somewhat friends with. We've laughed over how impish my youngest brother D looks - and how much my Son2 resembles him.

As far as the albums for the boys - today Mom and I went through the old albums that his mom had given me and got the pictures out. I ended up taking them to the camera store and am having them all put on a CD. That will mean I can then order reprints of the ones I want to include and have them all be the same size. I will then mount the originals into another album that's photo safe. Not sure how much I will get done tomororw as I have a longer Amish run scheduled for the afternoon. (I really really hope and pray that it doesn't snow heavily for that!)

No comments: