Sunday, February 25, 2007

Angry Mama Bear Part 2

An update on the "Angry Mama Bear" situation. I was able to talk to MaryAnne late Thursday night to get the whole story - and feel much better about it. This girl's actions were not (knowingly) instigated by any adults in charge. The entire mess came about because MaryAnne was attempting to make "everyone" happy, adequate communication did not happen and others involved were not at all happy. Son1 was the one who ended up being the "innocent victim". The long and short of it is that if he's willing to go back and lead worship for the rest of the year MaryAnne very much wants him to do so. He was originally chosen for this position because it was felt he had the maturity to handle the responsiblity. I do still hope that the girl involved is spoken with as she was out of line - it's not just a matter of simple "hurt feelings".

I still am very pleased about his response - even though it was obvious to me and somewhat to MaryAnne that he was hurt about it he was willing to quietly step aside and let someone else have the position. That shows a maturity that I'm certain I would not have had at his age - and that in some instances I probably still don't demonstrate. I'm very thankful also that I have uninvolved people who love me enough to listen and encourage me - thanks Sis.

One more blessing - Son1 auditioned to be a member of Gospel Choir next year in high school. He had to learn and sing a song for the director as well as participate in an interview asking some tough questions - not least of it being pointed out that because of this he would be expected to behave differently - not like the world. (I wasn't in on the interview or his responses so I can't quote them). Anyway.....he made it and is now the only male member of Gospel Choir for next year!

2 comments:

Widsith said...

That was indeed mature and commendable way that he handled the situation. Way to go! =)

And I'm glad you were able to clear it up a little more for yourself as well. Thankfully it turned out better than it seemed at first.

- Dana

~B. said...

heehee, angry mama bear!! :) i know that feeling, for sure! he sounds like he's really growing up and becoming a good man. that's so awesome. you sould be proud of him! :)