Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Snow

Well we are under another 2 hour delay for tomorrow morning. We've had one every morning this week. It certainly has so far made driving easier - we are out in daylight which makes stops easier. And the roads haven't been the issue so far this week - it's been the dangerously low windchills and temperatures.

It started snowing this morning shortly before 11:00 am. By the time I left the house at 11:15 to go visit a friend we had enough snow already on the ground to make my driveway (it was almost completely cleared off - lots of black top showing) and the roads white again. I shovelled the driveway before I left on my afternoon bus route and as fast as I cleared an area it turned white again. Son2 got off his school bus and started shovelling - I'm so thankful for him as I really don't believe that I could have got the bus up the hill without that. He said he shovelled each section twice - and again, as fast as he was clearing an area it was getting covered back up again. I should mention that we shovel the driveway in sections - beginning with "The Hill" at the bottom and working our way up. So....there will be additional shovelling to do in the morning and throughout the day tomorrow. The snow has now tapered off to be the great big "lazy" flakes. At a guess I would say we've already had 2 inches at least and roads are slick.

I am almost hoping for another snow day tomorrow.

Guess I'd better go work on dinner now....have no idea what to make though I guess I will do something with hamburger.

1 comment:

Karen said...

I read on a news site today that we've gotten around 60cm (2ft) of snow in the past couple of days. Schools have had two snow days already this week, and the forecast is for more snow, although maybe not the high winds.

Drifts where they have blown snow out of driveways, or plowed, are well over my head! Our bank on the far side of the driveway was up to my chest today.

I need groceries! The store in town ran out of milk yesterday, because the truck didn't make it in. We have had NO mail in two days--usually have at least junk mail at the beginning of the week.

So enjoy your white stuff. You've got it relatively easy.
Love,
Me