Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Day Off

They jsut cancelled school for today - due to the freezing fog and black ice. The major east west highway around here was closed for a time this morning due to accidents and there are many others being mentioned on the radio. I'm very thankful I don't have to drive in it. However the bushes, fences, trees and all are beautiful - coated with this layer of white frozen fog. I hope to go out and take some pictures in just a bit. Was just watching a brilliant red cardinal in my white-covered lilac bush - gorgeous! Will refill my birdfeeders when I go out to take pics. I thought I would enjoy my second cup of coffee first.

The question now becomes what to do with my day and my free time. We won't be driving anywhere due to the fact that I'm having car issues and the car is now parked until it's time to drive it to the dealership to get repaired. (My driver's seat back reclines but will no longer sit up unless it's propped up by something - it's neither particularly comfortable or really safe to drive). I had a amish run scheduled for last night but I called and cancelled it due to not feeling as in control of the car as I like to be. I could really have used the income and I know that the passenger to be was extremely unhappy with me - he asked if that was my only vehicle. However as a local friend pointed out "he will just have to accept that things happen that are out of my control". I will likely work on cleaning, scanning slides and possibly some scrapbooking. I really wish I could get my pictures printed at the photo shop but not this week. Maybe I'll try to figure out how to post some on here - we'll see.

Now I'm rambling - guess that means I need to finish this and move on to something else.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Lucky you! I would love a day off today, but I can't in good conscience justify it. So we do school. Tomorrow will be off, but we won't be home most of the day--appointments and stuff.

The shower was fun, but I got home late, and I'm tired. What fun it would be just to spend a couple of hours cross-stitching without having to worry about laundry and meals. Not happening here right now anyway.

Check out photobucket.com for uploading photos.

Need to get the kids back to lessons.
Love,
Me