Monday, March 19, 2007

Assignments Not Finished

Ok....so it's Monday and I don't have my photography assignments completely ready to go in the mail yet. I have the enlargements made for the 1st two, and have taken the third. However those are not developed yet - I have to take the roll of film in and get it developed then an enlargement done of the picture. I also have to finish the paperwork that needs to go with all the pictures and include my quizzes. It was exciting to realize that in the last two months or so I'd already taken the first two pictures that I needed but disappointing to have to take the third. I still hope to and plan to get the paperwork done today. However it will likely be Wednesday or Thursday before I get the stuff in the mail.

I have spent time this morning on the phone with a pharmaceutical company trying to find out if I can possibly qualify to get my prescription meds free or at a highly reduced rate. What the dr. has me on right now is not the best for me I don't think. He's switching me to something that he gets samples from in the office. The problem is that if I take it in the morning I'm up at night but if I take it in the evening, while I sleep much better I struggle with alertness in the mornings. I would rather take it in the mornings - at a lower dose and not sleep as well then sleep well and have a challenging time waking up. So...I went through part of the application process over the phone - now I have to wait for the paperwork to come in the mail, fill it out, take it to the dr's office to have them fill out and write a 'script for, send it in and wait for them to decide if I'm accepted or not. It will take 3-4 weeks at least. I would really appreciate prayers that I'm accepted into this program. It still won't negate the need for insurance but it will help.

The other things I've spent time doing was folding laundry, trying to take a short nap, cleaning the kitchen and beginning to look into the possiblity of getting Son2 back into Tai Kwon Do training. Both boys were involved in that before we left OK - beginning the same month Mike died. Once we moved they were not willing to get into another school here. However this past weekend Son2 went and dug out all his old gear. He's requested to get back into training - realizing that he may have to start all over at the lowest belt level. So...I've got to call some schools, schedule some appointments to go visit and observe and then get him into classes. He will at that point need some sort of accident insurance at least - another step in the process. However since he's brought it up and requested it I feel like it's important to look into. It will have a couple of benefits that I can see right off the bat - the first is that hopefully he will feel less left out because he will begin to have his own activities. He will likely begin to make new friends - they have been in severe shortage since we moved here. Plus hopefully it will teach him self-control, confidence and add to his maturity.

Ok...enough rambling. I'm going to finish my coffee and get off the computer for awhile. My posts tend to be really long but it's a release to me to write - and I love the comments.

No comments: