Friday, March 02, 2007

24 Hours

It's amazing what a difference 24 hours can make weather-wise. Yesterday morning during bus route we had severe thunderstorms - heavy rain, thunder, lightening...the whole 9 yards. This morning - snow, white-out conditions in areas, very slick roads - I estimate that I had trouble stopping at least 50% of my stops - and I was driving very slow; accidents.....The change in behavior of my students was equally dramatic. Yesterday morning they were loud, bouncing in their seats, LOUD.....this morning it was very very quiet on the bus. Most of the students were able to feel the bus sliding and they seemed to understand how important it was for me to be able to concentrate. I'm sure less stressed this morning than I was yesterday morning though I'm still exhausted and struggling with depression.

I have cancelled the car repair work I had scheduled for this morning - rescheduled it for Monday morning. I'm also going to cancel going to my girlfriend's house - it's going to be disappointing for both of us. However I've heard of too many accidents on the roads - and the driveway could be a challenge. Plus if it keeps snowing....there's the extremely slim possibility that they will close school early.

1 comment:

kalipay said...

how's it all doing now? our Friday was actually gorgeous, in the high 50s, clear skies. then Saturday and Sunday have been all cold again, but not really any snow or ice.