Friday, March 16, 2007

WhoooHoooo

WhoHooo.....I've got my school bus back! It's so much nicer to drive - I felt like I was tying on a comfortable, well-broken in pair of shoes when I got back in it this morning. On the one hand, that may sound like a crazy analogy but on "my" bus I know where all the controls are - I don't have to fumble to find them, I can reach everything easily and I know how the bus responds to my direction. As a result I'm a much more relaxed driver - able to handle and respond to my riders more easily. We saw 48 deer this morning - and that may be a low count as there were a couple of groups of a dozen or more deer in them.

On a different note, I have two of my assignments done for my photography course - need reprints for the second one and actually have to take pictures for the third one. I'm really rather hoping for a gorgeous sunset tonight - the third assignment is to take a scenic picture - or more technically "a beautiful outdoor vista". The object of this one is to achieve a feeling of distance. (The second was to get something close-up - and blur the background - the first was to express a sense of speed.) So far the three pictures have all been nature scenes - that's already my strong point. I don't do as well with people. Either way - to actually chose the photos and send them in for someone else to look at and critique is way out of my comfort zone. I'm abit scared that the instructor will hate them - that's why it's taken me so long to actually do any of the assignments.

Ok...enough rambling. I've got some emails to send and then need to do some picking up at least.

3 comments:

~B. said...

yay! your bus is back!! :) cool that you are into the photography so much!! i, unlike you, thrive on photographing people. i love love love it. maybe someday i'll start a business! :) out of my home, of course..

kalipay said...

Jenni would love to hear about your assignments, i'm sure! she's had a few unique ones as well. :)

Widsith said...

Glad to hear you have your bus back! :) I've felt that way when I returned a loaner from the mechanic and got our family car back. It's so sweet!! :)