Sunday, March 04, 2007

Time

Well I skipped Bible study tonight for a number of reasons not least of which is that I'm fighting a headache. I won't be able to see to stitch at all this evening I don't think. May scrap some though. The house is quiet as I got a ride for the boys - Son1 is enjoying participating in the study. The couple who picked them up for me (who's sons I've watched for part of this weekend and part of last weekend) pushed abit for me to go - wondered if it was a good thing for me to have time alone where I could potentially brood and get more depressed. What he doesn't understand is that if I don't have regular time alone - where I don't have to be on the go, working or otherwise busy things just overwhelm me that much more - especially if the house is a mess to start with. This week is shaping up to be extremely excessively busy - I expect to be gone most of hte day tomorrow and Tuesday. Wednesday Son1 leaves on a retreat for school - I don't have stuff scheduled during the day that I know of - that day or Thursday. Thursday evening Son2 and I will be out at our Grief group - that's a good thing. Friday...I don't know what's on the schedule except that Son1 will be home again - and that it will be 4 years since my husband died. I actually have a vague feeling that I will have something going on that night but no idea what. On the one hand, it seems like it's got to be longer than 4 years since he was gone. On the other hand, it almost seems like just last month. I still haven't been able to start albums for the boys about their dad - I would love to have someone come beside me and help with that. Son1 will be starting high school next year - his dad would be proud of him I think. Alright...any other thoughts I had to write about are gone.

4 comments:

Karen said...

When do you and your guys have spring break?

The answer for those worried about you being alone and brooding, is not to brood while you are alone. Easy to say, but I'm serious. Find and put on some music that is uplifting and do something special. Know that you are loved, and not truly alone, for you have the best Comforter anyone could have. The Psalms are the greatest comfort to me when I am down. I have read and re-read them countless times.

I love you,
Me

Edith said...

We have spring break the first week of April.

And I didn't brood - I did laundry, scrapped, puttered around the house doing stuff and read a bit. Overall I feel much better about life.

Love you
me

PS Thanks for commenting - that does help alot.

Widsith said...

Edith, I know exactly what you mean - I usually get overwhelmed with life if I don't have very regular alone time, doesn't really matter if things are great or miserable. That alone time is always therapeutic and productive for me in one way or another. Of course, productive could mean getting chores done or just getting a nap! Each is productive if that's what I need. So I understand where you're coming from. =)

I'll be thinking and praying for you as the 4-year anniversary comes up...

Love,
Dana

Anonymous said...

Hey girl,

I wish I was available friday night to do dinner. But I have a church meeting to go to. Do something special, in rememberance of a wonderful life!

Love ya,
Brenda