Sunday, March 25, 2007

Photography Course

To answer those who've asked about my photography course - it is a through the mail course - 30 some lessons in all through New York Institute of Photography. It's a course that I've been interested in taking for more years than I can remember - I remember seeing advertisements for it come back in my mom's pictures that she would send off to get developed. Anyway....I finally decided to do this course - as part of healing and starting my life over. And because people have said I'm gifted at photography and I feel I need to do something with that gift that God has blessed me with.

They promise that if I do the photo projects they will make me a successful photographer. So...we will see. It's scary - and takes time. But I am enjoying it so far. I usually use my old trusty Minolta SLR - I also have a Nikkon digital SLR that I'm learning to use. My goal isn't to be able to work in a studio - definitely not to own one. I would like to be able to freelance some of my pictures and eventually make enough income to help support myself and the boys.

I'm not sure what else to post on this - hope that answers the questions.

3 comments:

Widsith said...

I knew you were a gifted photographer, but I didn't know until this post that you were also taking this course for more personal reasons. I think it's wonderful that you get to rediscover your passion and to help the healing process along in this way. :)

~B. said...

i want to see some of your pictures!!!! it sounds like such a healing hobby to enjoy. i LOVE taking pictures - mostly of my kids, but some nature if i do stumble across something particularly beautiful...

kalipay said...

yup, answers alot of questions. :D