Thursday, March 29, 2007

Field Trip

11 hours on the bus - including my morning bus route and today's trip. I'm exhausted! And stiff! Now I remember why I refused to do "turn-around trips" to Mike's doctor in OKC.....tey are rough on the body! Having said that, it was overall a good trip. The museum complex was beautiful - and the museum had more to see than could possibly be seen in just 2 hours. I gathered that the zoo was also in the complex, as well as what looked like a water park of some sort and a couple of museums. I got to see some of the museum but not nearly as much as I would have like to. It's someplace that I would like to take the kids back to - to spend more time at and actually get to see more - especially since they are currently showing an IMAX movie about space. We drivers did not go into the capital building as our buses were parked on the side of a little cobblestone road and we didn't feel comfortable leaving them. So that was 90 minutes sitting on or outside the buses - it was not bad weather but just long and not overly comfortable. The drive back probably felt like the longest part of the trip - more traffic due to the beginning of rush hour combined with tired, hyper kids. Ah well....I survived.

On a different note I found out this evening that the daughter of one of the Amish families I occasionally haul has been hospitalized in Indy's children's hospital with a brain tumor. I don't understand why there seems to be such an increase in brain tumors and why scientists can't find a cure/preventative.

No comments: