Sunday, March 25, 2007

An Unexpected Day

Well today I get an unexpected day at home - alone for a good part of it. I had an Amish run scheduled - that would have had me missing church (which I didn't realize until after I'd accepted it) so I sent both boys together with Son1's ride. Then I went to leave and to start the car - nothing but a click when I turned the key. Thankfully I was able to contact the Amish family and they were able to catch a ride with someone else. Once that was done I relaxed and plan to enjoy this much needed time at home. Last week I was gone 6 days out of 7 - running errands, etc during the times I'm usually at home during the day and in the evenings. By yesterday it had caught up to me - I get grumpy when I don't have regular down time at home - the hosue was a mess, emotionally I was a mess....So I am rejoicing in having a "dead" car. And after I finish this second cup of coffee I'm going to probably take a short nap since I didn't sleep overly well last night. (it's really not smart to allow yourself to sleep (doze) for 2 hours late in the day - especially when you know your depression meds have a tendency to mess up your sleep patterns)

1 comment:

~B. said...

nice that you got a break... sounds like you needed it. :) probably it's your battery in your car that's dead... a jump might do it!