Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Practicing

My photo for my third assignment is taken and developed. I'm sending that one in as a 4x6, one is going in as a 5x7 and the other one I'm rather undecided on size. I can go as large as 8x10 but will probably do most as 5x7's. Anyway...I learned today that one should always check the front of the camera lens to make sure that there is no filter that will change the picture into something you don't want. Actually wiser still would be to make sure I always remove any extra filters I put on the lens in the first place. I took a picture of a red barn and then the fields behind it. Just on a whim I took one using my Minolta film camera and another using my digital....the digital came out much more color saturated - looked much better. I was rather amazed at the difference. I'm certain that it was because I had my neutral density filter left on - today was an overcast grey day and the picture certainly showed that. Anyway....my 1 1/2 hours or so spent driving around taking pictures certainly was educational - good practice for me. And I enjoyed myself in spite of really wanting to stay home and warm taking a nap. I just have to finish up the "test" that comes at the end of the lesson then I can send all 3 assignments in and start on the next section.

On another note...my wedding veil is still inside the house - in the smaller box that was inside the huge box. I'm not sure exactly what to do with it at this point....I don't want to put it back in the shed just in the cardboard box - and it won't fit in the plastic bin I put the other stuff in.

3 comments:

Julie said...

I wanted to tell you that learning to take pretty pictures is something I always wanted to do.

My sisters and I did a scrapbook for our Mom after our Dad died. We laughed. We cried... It was quite healing. Perhaps you can involve your boys in the process. Begin with a prayer ~ asking the Holy Spirit to gift you tremendously with a peace that passes understanding.

~B. said...

wow, julie! that really is a great idea! edith, you should think about it... even if you're not ready for that yet, consider it for the future. i think especially son1 needs that. and i know son2 would also appreciate it, even if he didn't express it to you with words.

Widsith said...

I'm excited to hear about your progress in this course! I'd love to see some of your work sometime. :)