Monday, March 19, 2007

Meltdown

Ok...I melted down tonight. In the process of helping Son2 look for TQD (tai quon do) info I found a box of wedding stuff - cards, unused invites, our unity candle, table decorations, my wedding veil....I brought that stuff inside to try to consolidate it into something smaller that was not a cardboard box. I was able to do that but by the time I had supper ready I was falling apart. I can only put it down to grief and going through that stuff. It makes me seriously question how I'm going to go through all the stuff to do those albums for the boys. And I doubt very much I could describe those emotions for anyone if I tried.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Grief is like a roller coaster ride. Those memories of just starting out were so happy and full of hope. Things didn't turn out like we ideally thought they would, but God is in control. It's okay to melt down, it is a release and that's good. As long as we handle it without anger. Love ya, and I know exactly how you feel, I feel that way everytime I look at the wedding picture or family picture. Life just didn't turn out the way we pictured, it hurts, and we just have to get right back up and keep going. Esp. for those babies of ours. Hang in there, look how far you have come.
Brenda

~B. said...

sorry, i'm sorry edith.

Widsith said...

I'm sorry too, Edith. :(

2nd Cup of Coffee said...

Oh Edith, you were so kind to drop my blog and comment. I had to try to figure out where to find you because it wouldn't let me click on your name to get here. I'm so sorry as I read this to learn what you're going through. I'm glad you stopped by to meet me, and I hope you'll come back.